In Arizona, particularly in Maricopa County, the Family Court requires the following to be contained in the parenting plan:
1. Is there joint legal decision (custody) making or sole legal decision making.
2. Each parent's rights and responsibly for the care of a child and decisions in the areas of the following:
b. Health care
c. Religious training
3. A schedule for parenting time that is practical and that includes holidays and school vacations.
4. A place and time where drop offs and pick ups of the child(ren) take place and who is responsible for the driving.
5. How changes can be made to the plan or what happens if someone does not follow the plan.
6. How often the plan is to be reviewed.
7. How the parties are to talk to each other about the child(ren) and how often.
8. To assure that the parenting time includes protection for the child if there has been domestic violence.
See our website at www.jessicacotterlaw.com for further information or to request an appointment.
The Law Firm of Jessica M. Cotter, P.L.L.C.
18301 North 79th avenue
Glendale, Arizona 85308
On Twitter @jmcotterlaw
We have been serving the Phoenix area since 2007.
The primary focus of the firm is family law, which includes the following: Divorce, child custody, parenting time, child support, spousal maintenance, paternity, visitation, division of assets and debts, and enforcement of child support, custody and parenting time orders. We also assist people with adoptions, wills and trusts, probate, and powers of attorney.
Source: A.R.S. 25-403.02