By Jessica M. Cotter, Esq.
1. Do not Blog or post any details of the Divorce process on the internet or any social media site, i.e. Facebook, twitter, tumblr, snap chat, instagram, etc. as this information will invariably be presented to the court and will usually be presented in a light not favorable to you;
2. Do not put anything in writing or any form that you would not state in court, before the judge or hearing office, since it will be used against you. For example, calling the opposing party a nasty name in an email or text;
3. Do not deny the other parent time with the children unless there is a court order or CPS is telling you the children must not be around the parent or any situation that places the children in imminent harm;
4. Do not hide information from the other party, this creates distrust and prevents settlement. It also causes a judge or hearing officer to question your veracity when you testify; and
5. If the judge asks you a question then listen carefully, and then answer the question that he or she asked.
The Law Firm of Jessica m. Cotter, P.L.L.C.
18301 N. 79th Ave, Ste F-168
Glendale, AZ 85308