Friday, October 18, 2013

What to do after the Dissolution or Paternity order is entered and the other side refuses to follow the court’s order.

Part one: Legal Decision Making (Custody) or Parenting time.

By: Jessica M. Cotter, Esq.

Enforcement of Legal decision making (Custody) or Parenting time is governed by the Arizona Rules of Family Law Procedure rule 91(G). In order to enforce the order you must do the following:
1.     File an original and 3 copies of  Petition for Enforcement of Legal Decision making (custody) or Parenting time, which needs to contain the following information:
a.     Detailed Facts of the violation of the order or enforcement 
b.     What do you want the court to do about it?

2.     Prepare an order to appear and make three copies of the order
3.     Take a copy of the filed Petition for Enforcement of Legal Decision Making and three copies of the order and deliver them to the current judge’s office.
4.     Once the Judges signs the order you have to have it served by a process server at least 10 business days before the hearing.

There are forms for Maricopa on the Superior court web site, which is as follows:

This process is not as simple as it sounds. You should contact an experienced family law attorney in your area to discuss the issue or contact our office.

The Law Firm of Jessica m. Cotter, P.L.L.C.
18301 N. 79th Ave, Ste F-168
Glendale, AZ  85308

No comments:

Post a Comment